WHAT IS EASY SPEECH?
- A slight prolongation or stretch of a sound into the next sound
- Used on the initial sound of the first word of a sentence or phrase, not necessarily on a disfluent word.
- Slower than normal rate to increase the time they have to move from one sound to another
- Used at the beginning of a phrase/sentence where they are most likely to have difficulty
- Easy vocal onsets to reduce tension
- Soft contact of lips, tongue and teeth to reduce tension
WHAT DOES IT SOUND LIKE?
- “jjjjuice”, “mmmmore juice”, “IIIIII want more juice.”
- Be careful not to "push" the sound out, rather lightly slide onto the sound to ensure there is no tension build up.
Listen to a demonstration of Easy Speech above.